Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Home coming..

Triton will finally be coming home this Saturday May 10th. It has been a journey to get him, and I just can't wait! I just finished reading Cesar Millan's book, "Cesar's Way" and I feel more prepared. We have done the puppy thing before, but it has been 6 long years.. I think it is a bit like having a baby - you forget how hard it is after awhile so you actually want to do it again ;). We were told that Triton does awesome at home, very outgoing and friendly -- loves everyone and accepts strangers.. however.. when he went on his first outing he didn't want to come out of his crate. Since then we know that he gets insecure in new surroundings and will need a TON of positive experiences when he first comes home. So we will be taking him out daily to new houses and other safe environments where he can have positive experiences and learn that this world really isn't scary after all. :) I'm sure he will do great and we will be able to build his confidence in no time. I will update here with our outings and how he does to keep track of his progress.. and of course we will do weekly pictures so everyone can watch him grow..and grow.. and grow! A mastiff is a huge commitment and one we do not take lightly.. if you would like to follow me on this journey feel free to check in every now and then. I'm thinking that once Triton comes home this blog will be turned over to him, as in written from his perspective. Might be fun.. we shall see. Until then..

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I bet you are BEYOND excited, huh!? Just a few more days!

And, thanks for the tip about Blogspot. ;)